Recommendations: 1 or 2 capsules at the start of a meal or as directed by your healthcare professional.
If pregnant, consult your physician before taking.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN USE ONLY IF SAFETY SEAL IS INTACT PLEASE RECYCLE STORE IN A COOL DRY PLACE ¹This is a statement of nutritional support. This statement has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.
EXCLUDES COATINGS, BINDERS, GLUTEN (WHEAT, RYE, BARLEY) † , MILK/DAIRY (CASEIN, WHEY) † , SOY PROTEIN † , EGG PROTEIN † , SUGAR. †
VERIFIED BY INDEPENDENT TESTING Made in a cGMP facility Raw materials and finished products are independently tested by U.S. labs.
GastricZyme™ provides betaine hydrochloride (HCL) along with pepsin, one of the body’s key protein digestive enzymes. Betaine HCL is ideal for individuals with low stomach acid who are looking to support their digestive function. Our formulation is in capsule form to ensure the delivery of betaine HCL and pepsin to the stomach, where they are needed to initiate digestion.
Betaine HCL is an excellent source of hydrochloric acid, also known as stomach acid. Supplementing with betaine HCL can be very beneficial, as insufficient production of hydrochloric acid is fairly widespread and often overlooked. Certain situations, such as normal aging, can decrease the body’s natural production of HCL.
Hydrochloric acid is required for:
- the breakdown of protein for further digestion in the small intestine
- the proper absorption of nutrients, including vitamin B12 and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, and selenium
- a healthy immune system – HCL is naturally produced in the stomach and acts as a protective barrier against harmful microorganisms in our food.
Pepsin is the main enzyme in the stomach needed for digesting proteins. The body’s digestive process begins when HCL activates pepsin and other digestive enzymes in the stomach. Those who have lower levels of HCL may have trouble producing pepsin, as HCL is essential for the creation of this important enzyme.
Signs that you may benefit from GastricZyme™
- Occasional bloating and gas, particularly after eating*
- Feeling full after eating only a small quantity of food*
- Infrequent mild indigestion/heartburn*
- Bowel irregularities such as occasional diarrhea and/or constipation*
Recommended Use: 1 or 2 capsules at the start of a meal or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Do not take this product if you are diagnosed with ulcers, gastritis, duodenitis, gastric cancer, or an overproduction of acid.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.