Recommendations: Use only as directed by your healthcare professional.
WARNING: NOT FOR USE BY INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS. DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING. Consult a physician or licensed qualified healthcare professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of prostate cancer, prostate enlargement, heart disease, low “good cholesterol” (HDL), or if you are using any dietary supplement, prescription drug, or over the counter drug. Do not exceed the recommended serving. Exceeding the recommended serving may cause serious adverse health effects. Possible side effects include acne, hair loss, hair growth on face (in women), aggressiveness, irritability, and increased levels of estrogen. Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed qualified healthcare professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, blurred vision, or other similar symptoms.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN USE ONLY IF SAFETY SEAL IS INTACT PLEASE RECYCLE STORE IN A COOL DRY PLACE
DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is a naturally occurring compound found in the body that is mostly synthesized in the adrenal glands. The adrenals are the glands that secrete hormones and are responsible for the body’s stress or “fight-or-flight” response. Circulating DHEA is used by many tissues such as skin, bone, ovaries and testes. It converts to other hormones such as estrogen and testosterone in both men and women which are then used for a wide variety of physiological processes. Supplementing with DHEA can be helpful for weight management, healthy aging, ongoing health and vitality, and a balanced stress response.
Certain situations can cause the body to slow its natural DHEA production, such as:
- Emotional or physical stress
- Some medications
- Dieting or a vegetarian diet
Benefits of DHEA
- Weight management – DHEA supports healthy fat burning and thermogenesis (the process by which the body raises its temperature or energy output, helping you to burn off more calories). It also supports healthy blood sugar control.
- Menopause/Perimenopause support – Helps to lessen the symptoms women occasionally experience with reduced estrogen production. DHEA also encourages a sense of well-being and supports bone health.
- Stress support – Physical and emotional stress can potentially interfere in the body’s natural production of DHEA. Supplementation may help maintain healthy levels of DHEA during these times by counteracting the effects of the stress hormone cortisol (produced by the adrenal glands).
- Medication treatment support – Can help support adrenal system during treatment with corticosteroid drugs.
- Healthy aging – Helps to maintain healthy levels of estrogen and testosterone as we age. It can help preserve vitality, bone /muscle health, and sexual health.
Recommended Use: Use only as directed by your healthcare professional. DHEA is best taken in the morning or earlier in the day due to its stimulatory effect on metabolism and the brain. It is best absorbed if taken with a meal that contains fat. Do not use if pregnant, nursing, or planning to become pregnant.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.