DIRECTIONS: Take two capsules twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use. Individuals taking medication should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare practitioner. Do not use if tamper seal is damaged.
This high-quality, hypoallergenic, multivitamin/ mineral blend includes activated vitamins; folate as Quatrefolic® (5-MTHF) for optimal utilization; and patented Albion® TRAACS® chelated mineral complexes in vegetarian capsules. The comprehensive nutrient profile in ActivMulti without Iron supports foundational wellness; antioxidant activity with vitamins C and E, selenium, and beta-carotene; and phase I detoxification.*
STORAGE: Keep closed in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
DOES NOT CONTAIN: Wheat, gluten, yeast, soy protein, dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or artificial preservatives.
It’s a fact that good nutrition is a basis for wellness, and good nutrition usually translates into a stronger immune system and better health. An important aspect of good nutrition is micronutrition (vitamins and minerals).[1-4] Micronutrients play a role in converting food to energy; building and repairing tissues and DNA; manufacturing neurotransmitters, hormones, and other modulators in the body; breaking down and detoxifying xenobiotics and medications; and maintaining growth, reproduction, and health. According to research by the USDA and other organizations, the American diet is lacking micronutrients.[5-8] In fact, nine out of 10 Americans are missing key micronutrients. Common culprits may be food-production and storage techniques, poor food choices, and nutrient-depleting preparation methods. Whatever the cause, the bottom line is that children and adults are not consuming enough nutrient-rich foods to meet all their most basic vitamin and mineral needs. What’s more, the recommended intakes (e.g., %DV, DRIs, EARs, RDAs) are designed to meet the minimum needs of some healthy individuals; they are not designed to meet the requirements of all individuals, especially the chronically ill.* There are numerous reasons to select ActivMulti without Iron:
Balanced Profile Vitamins and minerals work synergistically and cooperatively when present in proper amounts. However, imbalances between micronutrients can disrupt this synergistic relationship, possibly leading to instances of competitive intestinal absorption or displacement at the metabolic/cellular level, which can produce relative excesses and insufficiencies. For this reason, ActivMulti without Iron’s balanced profile includes calcium and magnesium, zinc and copper, vitamins C and E, bioactive folate, vitamin B12 and B vitamin complex, beta-carotene, and trace elements.*
Bioavailability The micronutrients are provided in bioavailable forms so that they can be better absorbed and utilized. A full complement of Albion® patented mineral chelates and complexes is contained in ActivMulti without Iron. Albion is a recognized world leader in mineral amino acid chelate nutrition and manufactures highly bioavailable nutritional mineral forms that are validated by third-party research and clinical studies. Not only does this formula contain natural vitamin E—which has been proven to be up to 100% more bioavailable than synthetic dl-alpha-tocopherol—but it is also provides mixed tocopherols to more closely approximate how one might consume vitamin E in healthful foods.[9,10] Folate is provided as folic acid and 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF)—the most bioactive form of folate. The form of 5-MTHF in this formula is Quatrefolic®†, which is proven to have greater stability, solubility, and bioavailability over calcium salt forms of 5-MTHF. Vitamins B2 and B6 are also provided in activated forms, and vitamin B12 is provided as methylcobalamin.*
Energy Production ActivMulti without Iron provides generous levels of B vitamins, which serve as prime coenzymes in glycolysis and oxidative phosphorylation, and as cofactors in amino acid and lipid metabolism. The balanced presence of B vitamins in this formula is essential to their cooperative functioning and excellent for those with stressful lifestyles.*
Antioxidant Protection The broad spectrum of nutrients delivering antioxidant activity in the formula includes natural vitamin E, vitamin C, selenium, zinc, beta carotene, and trace elements. The balance of these provides for effective antioxidant functioning; they often work synergistically to regenerate each other and maintain consistent levels of antioxidant activity both intra- and extracellularly.*
Detoxification Support Xenobiotics, including environmental pollutants and medications, must undergo biotransformation into molecules that can be easily excreted from the body. There are significant levels of bioavailable riboflavin, niacin, folate, and B12 present in the formula to support phase I detoxification, which is needed to contend with the increasing demand posed by xenobiotics and metabolic by-products. Beta carotene, vitamin C, tocopherols, selenium, copper, zinc, and manganese are present to protect tissues from reactive intermediates formed between phase I and phase II detoxification.*
Take two capsules twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Children and pregnant or lactating women should consult their healthcare practitioner prior to use. Do not use if tamper seal is damaged.
Does Not Contain
Wheat, gluten, corn protein, yeast, soy protein, dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or preservatives.
1. Ames BN. A role for supplements in optimizing health: the metabolic tune-up. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2004 Mar 1;423(1):227-34. [PMID:14989256]
2. Toffanello ED, Inelmen EM, Minicuci N, et al. Ten-year trends in vitamin intake in free-living healthy elderly people: the risk of subclinical malnutrition. J Nutr Health Aging. 2011 Feb;15(2):99-103. [PMID: 21365161]
3. Block G, Jensen CD, Norkus EP, et al. Usage patterns, health, and nutritional status of long-term multiple dietary supplement users: a crosssectional study. Nutr J. 2007 Oct 24;6:30. [PMID: 17958896]
4. Fletcher RH, Fairfield KM. Vitamins for chronic disease prevention in adults: clinical applications. JAMA. 2002 Jun 19;287(23):3127-29. [PMID: 12069676]
5. Moshfegh AJ, Goldman JD, Ahuja JK, et al. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. What we eat in America, Nhanes 2005-2006. Usual nutrient intakes from food and water compared to 1997 dietary reference intakes for vitamin D, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Place/12355000/pdf/0506/usual_nutrient_intake_vitD_ca_phos_mg_2005-06.pdf Published July 2009. Accessed February 22, 2011.
6. What we eat in America. WIN Notes. Weight Control Information Network. http://win.niddk.nih.gov/notes/winter99/artcl6.htm. AccessedJuly 22, 2011.
7. Milk Processor Education Program. What America’s Missing: A 2011 Report on the Nation’s Nutrient Gap. Why Milk.com. http://www.whymilk.com/pdfs/what_americas_missing.pdf. Accessed August 3, 2011.
8. Alexy U, Libuda L, Mersmann S, Kersting M. Convenience foods in children’s diet and association with dietary quality and body weight status. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2011 Feb;65(2):160-66. [PMID: 21139631]
9, Kiyose C, Muramatsu R, Kameyama Y, et al. Biodiscrimination of alpha-tocopherol stereoisomers in humans after oral administration. Am J Clin Nutr. 1997 Mar;65(3):785-89. [PMID: 9062530]
10. Burton GW, Traber MG, Acuff RV, et al. Human plasma and tissue alpha-tocopherol concentrations in response to supplementation with deuterated natural and synthetic vitamin E. Am J Clin Nutr. 1998 Apr;67(4):669-84. [PMID: 9537614]
11. Venn BJ, Green TJ, Moser R, et al. Comparison of the effect of low-dose supplementation with L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate or folic acid on plasma homocysteine: a randomized placebo-controlled study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2003 Mar;77(3):658-62. [PMID: 12600857]
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.